Which payment methods are accepted on the Air France website?
Several different payment methods may be used on our website. The payment methods available to you may vary depending on the amount of time before your trip and whether you use the website or mobile app.
Secure and confidential payment
When you submit a payment on our website, your payment data is encrypted and transmitted via a secure connection. The encryption of information transmitted online is performed depending on the browser used, according to the highest standards (TLS 1.2).
Some transactions are processed through our partners Global Collect and Adyen. Your payment data is transmitted to Global Collect or Adyen via a secure connection and for the sole purpose of processing your requested payment. Your data is never communicated to third parties or used for commercial purposes.
Debit and credit cards
We accept the following payment cards: American Express, AIR FRANCE KLM – AMERICAN EXPRESS, Diners Club, Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron and UATP / AirPlus. Please note: Credit card payments are subject to a CNY 198 bank fee. No fees apply to debit card payments. Payments made by Visa, Mastercard or Maestro may be subject to 3DSecure payment authentication.
PayPal's digital wallet allows you to pay for purchases online. You must have a PayPal account to use this payment method. Payment instructions When paying for your booking, please select PayPal as your payment method. You will then be redirected to the PayPal website, where you can log in using your e-mail address and password. As soon as payment is confirmed, your account will be charged for the total amount. Once your bank indicates that the transaction is complete, we will send you your e-ticket by e-mail. This process generally takes less than 1 hour.
With WeChat Wallet, you can pay for your ticket with your mobile app. This payment method is available on our website up to 48 hours before your flight. Payment instructions
- Select WeChat Pay as your payment method.
- You will be redirected to a payment page hosted by Adyen. Open the WeChat app on your smartphone and scan the QR code on the page.
- The total price of your booking will be debited from your WeChat account as soon as your payment is processed.
- Once your payment is confirmed, we will send you an e-mail containing your e-ticket. You should receive this e-mail within an hour.
You can use a voucher to pay online for all or part of your booking. Payment instructions When paying for your booking, enter your voucher number in the field provided. You can use several vouchers for the same booking. Validate each voucher by clicking on "Add". The amount of your voucher will be automatically deducted from the total amount to be paid. If the amount of the voucher is greater than the price of the ticket, the remaining amount will be credited to a new voucher. Please note:
- Vouchers are non-transferrable and must be issued in the same name as the name indicated in the booking.
- The payment of an option with a voucher is possible, after the purchase of the ticket, in the "My bookings" section of our website.
- Vouchers issued by Air France (starting with 057) are valid on the Air France website. To use a voucher issued by KLM (starting with 074), you must visit the KLM website.
- You can use a voucher issued in another currency than the currency of your booking.
The Alipay e-wallet enables you to pay for your trip online in real time. This payment method may be used on our website up to 48 hours before your flight. Payment instructions During the booking process, select the Alipay payment method first. You will then be redirected to the Alipay website to process your payment. You must provide your personal information (e-mail address, password, etc.). The total amount of your booking is debited from your account as soon as your payment is processed. Once your bank confirms the payment, we will send you an e-mail containing your e-ticket. This process generally takes less than 1 hour.